Does the Matzah Ball have any meaning?

My oncologist told me not to fast on Yom Kippur. Now what?

Library » Holidays » Fast Days | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: Bienvenidos Welcome. Un minuto ya lo atiendo. I'll be with you in a moment...

June: I have been advised by my oncologist not to fast on Yom Kippur. Do I still have to check with my Rabbi?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: hi

Rabbi Yossi Turk: yes, confirm it with him

Rabbi Yossi Turk: as even when not having to fast -- which that is almost certainly your situation -- there are preferable methods to eating

Rabbi Yossi Turk: for example, maximum amounts to be eaten at a time etc

June: I have been told to drink plenty of fluids continually, Will it be a problem Halachically?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: also consult with a rabbi

Rabbi Yossi Turk: obviously health comes first, but possiblly it can be done in small ammounts all day,

Rabbi Yossi Turk: thats better than full cups at a time

June: Thank you Kol Tov

Rabbi Yossi Turk: same

Rabbi Yossi Turk: have a healthy year

Holidays » Yom Kippur » About

Yom Kippur
Day of Atonement. This late-autumn high-holiday is the holiest day of the year. We devote this day to repentance and all healthy adults are required to fast.
Halachically
According to Jewish law.