May I borrow a Tallit from a friend without his knowledge?

I just realized its a fast day today; am i supposed to fast even though i ate already?

Library » Holidays » Fast Days | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Welcome to the Rabbi's one on one chat room, how can I help you today?

Adam: i just realized its a fast day today; am i supposed to fast even though i ate already?

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: yes, you should start fasting now

Adam: ok. thanks. i thought that once you ate, it defeats the purpose

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: if you forgot to apply sun-block and went out in the sun for an hour, does that mean you could spend the rest of the day in the sun without protection?

Adam: should i say the Selichot and the extra part during Minchah1

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: yes to selichot, but no to the longer part of Minchah

Adam: k

Adam: apprecite the help

Adam: have a good day.

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: you too

Rabbi Eliezer Gurkow: Thank you for visiting Ask Moses today and I invite you to come back at any time

• 1. A special section, the "aneinu," is inserted in the mincha amidah of fast days.

Adam
The first man, created by G-d on the sixth day of creation. He was banished from the Garden of Eden after eating from the forbidden fruit of the forbidden knowledge. Died in 2830 BCE.
Selichot
Penintential prayers recited before the High Holidays and on Jewish fast days.
Minchah
Afternoon prayer service. One of the three prayers a Jew is obligated to pray every day.