Are the Psalms or the Book of Daniel considered prophetic?

Can I wear a leather belt on Yom Kippur or Tishah b’Av?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Holidays » Fast Days | Subscribe | What is RSS?

There is a popular misconception that one may not wear any leather on Yom Kippur and Tishah b'Av. Actually, one may wear leather belts, jackets, or any other leather garments on these days. It was determined by the Sages that only leather footwear is considered a basic creature comfort which we must do without on these days.

See Why is it forbidden to wear leather footwear on Yom Kippur?

Holidays » 3 Weeks
Holidays » Yom Kippur » About

Yom Kippur
Day of Atonement. This late-autumn high-holiday is the holiest day of the year. We devote this day to repentance and all healthy adults are required to fast.
Av
The fifth month of the Jewish calendar, normally corresponding to July-August. The saddest month of the year due to the destruction of the Temples, and the many other tragedies which befell the Jews in this month.