How do I go about making a "Shabbat belt"?

Does the meal after Tishah b'Av have to contain meat?

by Rabbi Moshe Miller

Library » Holidays » Fast Days | Subscribe | What is RSS?

On the contrary: we do not eat meat until after midday on the tenth of Av, and Sephardim do not eat meat the entire day of the tenth of Av. This is because the Holy Temple was set on fire towards evening on the ninth of Av and burned until sunset on the tenth.1

• 1. See Code of Jewish Law, Orach Chaim 558:1.

Holidays » 3 Weeks

Sephardim
(Pl.: Sephardim) A Jew whose ancestors stem from Southern Italy, Spain, Portugal, North Africa or the Arabian countries.
Av
The fifth month of the Jewish calendar, normally corresponding to July-August. The saddest month of the year due to the destruction of the Temples, and the many other tragedies which befell the Jews in this month.