Why should I pray when I'm not motivated?

Will G-d hate me for marrying a non-Jewish person?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Life Cycle » Marriage | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

I'm going to marry a nonjew. Will God hate me? --Timothy

Answer:

If you are about to blow all your money on a worthless ponzi scheme - does your CPA hate you?

If you don't exercise, overeat, and smoke - does your doctor hate you?

If you are about to throw yourself in front of a locomotive - does the engineer hate you?

They all feel pity and sadness for the great loss you are about to suffer.

G-d, the Creator of us all, knows what a great tragedy it is for both parties to an intermarriage.

He feels sadness and pity for those entering in to such a union.

He also knows that you can rise above this challenge and choose not to go through with it - and He looks forward to your making the right choice - both for you and your intended partner.

For more on this sad topic - please follow this link:

http://www.askmoses.com/en/list/539/Jewish-Identity-Non-Jews-Intermarriage.html to our Library section about this.

G-d » Me and Him
G-d » A Caring G-d
Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Intermarriage
Life Cycle » Marriage » Intermarriage