How did the prayers come to include so many biblical passages?

Is sushi Kosher?

Library » Mitzvot | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Any Kosher fish (i.e. it has fins and scales), is kosher whether it is raw or cooked.

However, even if the fish is kosher other ingredients found in sushi, as well as its place and/or method of preparation, can render it unkosher. So you have two options for kosher sushi: a) make it yourself with kosher ingredients. b) get it from/in a kosher establishment.

TAGS: sushi

Sushi

Posted by: Artee, Los Angeles, CA on Jan 10, 2006

Can someone please tell me what bracha to make on sushi. Sushi is left out of brachos books! Are their different opinions? Can someone please share?

thank you,

The blessing recited is Shehakol -- the same as cooked fish. The rice and vegetables included in the sushi roll do not merit their own blessing -- they are "tafel" (secondary) to the fish.

Mitzvot » Kosher
Mitzvot » Kosher » Kosher Creatures
Mitzvot » Kosher » Miscellaneous