I just recovered from a serious illness, how can I thank G-d?

Can I look at the ingredient statement of a food to determine if it is kosher?

by Rabbi Benyomin Kaplan

www.OUKosher.org

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Symbols | Subscribe | What is RSS?

No. These statements are not designed to provide Kosher information. Many ingredients, such as glycerin, may be derived from either kosher or non-kosher sources, and one cannot tell which from the label. Moreover, some ingredients may incorporate sub-ingredients that the label is not required to list at all. What exactly is in that “natural flavor,” anyway? Even if a product is made from all-kosher or all-pareve ingredients, it can be rendered non-kosher or dairy by the processing equipment.

Republished with permission from www.oukosher.org