Can I eat in a vegan restaurant which has no kosher certification?

Does every product in a variety pack require individual Kosher certification?

by Rabbi Benymin Kaplan

www.OUKosher.org

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Symbols | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Manufacturers often distribute variety packs of individually wrapped food products, only some of which may be Kosher certified. The label of the exterior package may bear separate product and nutritional information for each individual item contained. Therefore, consumers should confirm the kosher status of each item by checking the kosher symbol on the individual package or by seeing if the bulk package label only prints a kosher symbol next to the names of some items.

Republished with permission from www.oukosher.org