I’ve had an abortion and I’m plagued by strong feelings of guilt. Any advice?

If frozen vegetables have a hechsher I rely on, does that mean they have been checked for bugs?

by Rabbi Benyomin Kaplan

www.OUKosher.org

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Symbols | Subscribe | What is RSS?

This depends on the policies of the certifying agency. For some agencies, the hechsher means merely that the vegetables have no additives that pose Kosher concerns although the product itself my still require checking. For others, such as the OU, the hechsher means that the product has been established to be acceptable and should require no checking on the part of the consumer. Call the agency for details regarding their policies.

Republished with permission from www.oukosher.org