Can you tell me more about kosher meat?

Can I drink soy milk at a meal with meat?

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Meat and Dairy | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Esty Davidson: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...

Chana: Is it okay to drink soy milk with a meal that has red meat?

Mrs. Esty Davidson: if it's non-dairy, it's okay, but serve it in the original container

Mrs. Esty Davidson: so that nobody at the table (or even you yourself) should think it's milk and meat

Mrs. Esty Davidson: or even imagine that it is

Chana: Okay, that's a good idea. Thanks for your help!

Mrs. Esty Davidson: you're welcome

Mrs. Esty Davidson: (it's not my idea - it's the law! :))1

• 1. Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 46:14 discusses placing almonds inside a meat food item that was made with almond milk.

Mitzvot » Kosher
Mitzvot » Kosher » Miscellaneous