What should I know before I go shopping for a wedding band?

Can a dishwasher be used for dairy and meat?

by Rabbi Immanuel Schochet

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Meat and Dairy | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Meir: Shalom from Ramat Beit Shemesh

Rabbi Immanuel Schochet: Shalom! You are bringing us the atmosphere of the Holyland!

Meir: Yes. It is a difficult time for us here, but with trust in G-d we will survive.

Rabbi Immanuel Schochet: A forum like this is not meant to rule on questions of Jewish law, that is too tricky a matter, and should be dealt with locally between the questioner and his regular rabbinic authority. Generally speaking, though, it depends on how hot the water gets. If it reaches boiling point then after washing one kind of dishes, one would have to let the machine go through a cycle without dishes before inserting other kind of dishes. It also depends on what trays etc. are used (are they metal, plastic etc.). If they are plastic it is a good idea to use different ones for meat and dairy.

Meir: I understand. Thank you very much, and shalom.

TAGS: dishwasher