What's the connection between women and Rosh Chodesh?

Should I take the mezuzahs from my old apartment to my new home?

Library » Mitzvot » Mezuzah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

When moving to a new residence, if the people who are moving into your old home are Jewish, then the Mezuzahs must be left for them. If the new occupants are not Jewish, you should take the mezuzahs – preferably have them checked by a scribe to ensure that they are still Kosher – and affix them on the doorposts of your new home.

Hopefully you are moving into a larger home with many more rooms than your old place, and will need to purchase many more mezuzahs for all the extra doors!

Just a reminder: Every doorway in your new home requires a Mezuzah (aside for restrooms and small closets).

Mezuzah
A rolled up scroll containing certain verses from the Torah which is affixed to the right-hand doorpost of doorways in a Jewish home.
Mezuzahs
Plural form of Mezuzah. Rolled up scrolls containing certain verses from the Torah which are affixed to the right-hand doorposts of doorways in Jewish homes.