Is it permitted to cook on Yom Tov (biblical holidays)?

How do I become a less judgmental person?

Library » Mitzvot » Love thy Neighbor | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Give yourself an exercise:

Every time you “judge” someone, require yourself to write down two plausible “excuses” for why that person did what he did.

You also might want to remember this:

The Baal Shem Tov says that Heavenly Court does not judge a person after his passing; rather the person is made to forget all he did while he was alive – both the good and the bad – and then he is shown an entire life story, and he’s asked to judge the life he saw. After the person renders judgment G-d informs him that he just judged himself—and the verdict sticks!

Every time you “judge” someone, require yourself to write down two plausible “excuses” for why that person did what he did
So if one is accustomed to judging harshly he will ultimately judge himself harshly. However if one is favorable and lenient when he judges, he will ultimately save himself.

Jewish Identity » Love thy Neighbor
Philosophy » Character

Baal Shem Tov
Rabbi Israel Baal Shem Tov (1698-1760), Polish mystic and founder of the Chassidic movement.