Why do we stand with both feet together while reciting the amidah?

Hitler, Hussein, AhmadinejadWho's Next?

by Rabbi Zalman Abraham

Library » Israel » Arab Conflict | Subscribe | What is RSS?

“In every generation they rise up against us, to destroy us, but G-d saves us from their hands.” – Passover Haggadah

Hitler murdered six million Jews!

Where is he today?

I read the news and begin to wonder…“Did Adolf Hitler ever exist?”

In recent weeks, the world looked on as Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, held a holocaust denial conference in Tehran. According to Reuters, he reportedly said "The Holocaust was fabricated by the West in order to reach its goals."

Despite UN sanctions and threats of an international military campaign, Iran’s illegal nuclear program continues in full swing. One would expect that at least they would be on best behavior to show the world that their plans for its nuclear industry are of noble intent. Instead, Ahmadinejad announces “We will give the world a historic slap in the face” before a crowd chanting “Death to America!”

Their intentions are clear, the Iranians are up to no good and Israel is the first enemy on their list. Ahmadinejad affirmed at the start of his presidency in 2005 that “Israel must be wiped off the map.”

Ahmadinejad, just as you claim Hitler never existed, so will your name soon be forgotten
The western world, the democratic civilization, who believes in the right to life and freedom for all, stands under threat. This threat of nuclear destruction comes from a nation that is a perpetual perpetrator of human rights violations and sponsors terrorist groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas.

The world waits in anticipation to see what will be.

I’m not sure what will be, but one thing I know for sure.

Terrorism never prospers.

Throughout history, Jews have been persecuted by almost every superpower. The fear of destruction is forever looming over our heads. Egyptians, Philistines, Babylonians (Iraq), Persians (Iran), Greeks, Romans, Turks, Cossacks, Spaniards, Nazis - where did these world powers disappear to?

Jews are more successful today than in any earlier era in history. Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, Antiochus, Titus, Chmielnicki, Stalin and Hitler are turning over in their graves, witnessing the freedom and popularity that Jews around the world are enjoying today.

How did we outlive them all?

The secret of Jewish continuity lies in our moral values.

We believe in life.

We believe in truth.

And truth lasts forever.

The Hebrew word for truth, Emet, is comprised of the first (Aleph), middle (Mem) and last (Taf) letters of the Hebrew alphabet, indicating that truth is eternal and throughout.

Hitler attempted to solve the ‘Jewish Problem’ by annihilating us.

Where is he today?

Where are we?

During the Gulf War, Saddam Hussein fired 88 scuds at Israel. Just last week the world witnessed a noose being placed around his neck.

Where is he today?

Where are we?

Ahmadinejad, if you ever think to press the button on a nuclear device of mass destruction…remember…where will you be?...where will we?

Just as you claim Hitler never existed, so will your name soon be forgotten.

It's Crazy!!!

Posted by: Yocheved Birnbaum, L.A., CA on Jan 06, 2007

If you think about it, it is crazy. Iran has the power and the will to destroy us. The only hope now is our faith in Hashem. We have to pray that Ahmedinejad gets stopped before he makes too much trouble.

Israel

Posted by: Chris on Jan 06, 2007

Hey, I feel real sorry for the Israelies, they're up to some enemy that I wouldn't like to be in their back yard. The only solution according to my opinion is to use military force. If they're tough with you, you be tough with them back. Israel has the power, they just need to do it. Come on Isreael, bomb 'em.

Arabs

Posted by: Anonymous, Cape Town, SA on Jan 06, 2007

Great article! Those Arabs, they don't know what democracy means. They don't know what life means. They think life starts and ends with a culture. and look at them, they end up uncultured. No respect for life or anything.

Inspiring

Posted by: Anonymous on Jan 06, 2007

thanks for such pleasurable reading!

Ahmadinejad Misquote

Posted by: Andrew on Jan 21, 2007

Ahmadinejad never said “Israel must be wiped off the map.”He was quoting Ayatollah Khomeini and the translation the media picked up on is wrong. Ahmadinejad never even said "map" or "wiped off". This is what he said word for word.

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Ahmadinejad's full speech has been almost entirely ignored (in which he was discussing American Hegemony and it's grip via Zionism) and if you read it you'll see this quote follows the logical trajectory of the rest of his speech. Ignorance is Strength.

History » Holocaust
Philosophy » Pain and Suffering » Holocaust

Passover
A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.
Haggadah
Text read at the Passover Eve feasts. The Haggadah recounts in great detail the story of our Exodus from Egypt.