What is the Jewish perspective on Jokes?

How can I explain the reasons for modesty to 5 year old girls?

Library » Torah » Education | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Debbie: how can I explain the reasons for Tzniyus [Ed. note: modesty] to 5 year old girls who've asked why they should cover their sholders

Debbie: please

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: explain them that precious things are kept covered. For example the expensive silver Leichter [candle holders] are kept in a china closet etc. The jewels are kept in a safe. A Torah scroll is kept in a Mantel [velvet cover] and an Aron Kodesh [holy ark]

Debbie: wow - thanks so much Rabbi Chein (is a Leichter Shabbos Candles?)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: yes

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: so too her body is precious and it should be kept covered

Debbie: amazing - thanks SOSOSO much that's REALLY helpful - Good Chodesh

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: all the best

[See also A chat with Bronya Shaffer about modesty]

Mitzvot » Education
Women & Judaism » Modesty
Daily Life » Clothing » Modesty

Aron
Literally: a box. Aron is usually a reference to one of the following: 1) The Holy Ark wherein the holy Tablets were kept. 2) The Ark in the synagogue where the Torah scrolls are kept. 3) A coffin.