What is the basic purification process (?Taharah?) performed on a body before burial?

How do I study Torah?

by Rabbi Mendy Hecht

Library » Torah » Education | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Torah study is simple. Although the Torah is written in Hebrew, much of Torah has been translated into English. Go to any Jewish bookstore, and select a volume on any text, subject or area you like. (There is no part of life the Torah doesn’t have an opinion on.) With the Web, Torah study has never been easier! Any of the following options can be followed online at a huge and growing number of websites offering Torah everything.

In general, there are three ways to study Torah:

With a group or at a class

Contact your local Chabad center or synagogue for a schedule of regular classes; ask good questions, get great answers.

With a friend

Take a subject, any subject, invite a friend over, and discuss it. If you get into a debate, that’s great! Friends can afford to fight, and when you’re tackling Torah together, you’ll both emerge richer from the experience.

With your self

Studying alone allows you to digest the material at your own pace. Go through that Torah book carefully, until it really becomes yours.

Mitzvot » Education
Torah » The Bible » About