Will the entire Jewish people be resurrected simultaneously?

GET (Jewish bill of divorce) vs. Annulment

Library » Life Cycle » Marriage » Divorce | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Reba: my mother asked me to ask you a question

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: ok

Reba: here it goes:

Reba: why in orthodox circles is it more acceptable to get a "get" [religious bill of divorce] as apposed to getting an annulment?

Reba: (My mother is a social worker in a shelter for battered jewish women)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: you can't annul a Jewish marriage - The same G-d who gave us laws how to get into it, gave us laws how to get out of it

Reba: can you go into it more? I would like to print this session out for my mother later

Reba: I am trying to show my mother how cool the rabbis are on this site.. in general u guys r cool ppl

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: well an annulment means you are saying the first thing never really happned. But a Jewish marriage is a very important action, and it definately did happen! It is not just a simple agreement between two people, it is a bonding of two souls. So if they want to get out of it, they can't simply say it never happened. It did happen! And they are in it! Now they need to follow G-d's direction how to exit

Reba: thank you.