How is Passover celebrated?

Do I need a GET (Jewish Divorce) from my non-Jewish husband?

Library » Life Cycle » Marriage » Divorce | Subscribe | What is RSS?

geraldine: divorce

geraldine: I'm just thinking how to word the question

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: ok

geraldine: My mother was Jewish, so I am. however both my husbands were not Jewish and now I feel that due to irreversable difficulties I need to obtain a divorce from my second husband.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: ok

geraldine: The ceremonies were both civil, therefore would I need to obtain a GET [Ed. note: Jewish-religious bill of divorce] should I wish to remarry (I am not a serial wife just an eternal optimist!)

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: lol

geraldine: Yes, well if I don't laugh what else is there

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: that is a good attitude, I like it

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: you won't need to obtain a GET since both of them were not Jewish

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: perhaps it is happening because niether are your soul mate being that they are not jewish

geraldine: It's possible but I am a difficult person...

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: we all are in our own way

geraldine: Yes, maybe I'll need to find a good Jewish boy - thanks for putting my mind at rest

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: my pleasure - when there is a Mazal Tov due, please do come and share it with us

geraldine: I don't think that will be any time soon - thanks and take care

Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Intermarriage
Life Cycle » Marriage » Intermarriage