Is it true that it is prohibited to study Kabbalah before age 40?

May children attend the wedding of their parent's second marriage?

Library » Life Cycle » Marriage » Divorce | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The prevailing custom is that children of the bride and groom do not attend the Chupah ceremony (they may attend the reception)—possibly out of consideration for the emotional turmoil and conflict they may experience.

Children at a wedding

Posted by: Michal on Apr 09, 2006

What if there is no conflict, can the children (teenagers, almost adult) attend and help participate? My children have grown-up without a father and would be very excited to attend the Chuppah. At my friends wedding the boys got to help hold it up, they would like to do the same, to show that they "support" the marriage...

Such questions should be addressed to the rabbi who is officiating at the wedding, who is familiar with the details of your particular circumstances.

Life Cycle » Marriage » The Wedding

Chupah
Wedding canopy. Under this canopy, the groom betroths the bride with the customary ring, and the traditional marriage benedictions are recited.