Why does the groom break the glass - why not the bride?

Is it a form of idolatry to place a picture of the Lubavitch Rebbe on my wall?

Library » History » "The Rebbe" | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Yossi T: Bienvenidos Welcome. Un minuto ya lo atiendo. I'll be with you in a moment...

Yitz: In a way is it Idol worshiping if I placed a picture of the Lubavitch Rebbe on my wall?

Yitz: Thank you

Rabbi Yossi T: is it idol worship if u place your grandfathers picture on the wall?

Yitz: no,

Rabbi Yossi T: why not?

Yitz: because they are just people I care about

Yitz: and I know theyre not G-d

Yitz: I guess its the same with the Rebbe

Rabbi Yossi T: correct

Rabbi Yossi T: it's somone one loves

Rabbi Yossi T: someone who is an example of Ahavat Yisrael

Rabbi Yossi T: someone who we try and follow in his footsteps

Yitz: Thanks

Chassidism » Rebbe » "The Rebbe"

Lubavitch
Also known as “Chabad,” Lubavitch is the name of a Chassidic Group founded in the 1770s. “Lubavitch” is the name of the Belarusian city where four of the Chabad Rebbes (leaders) were based. Today, the movement is based in Brooklyn, New York, with branches worldwide. Two of the most fundamental teachings of Chabad are the intellectual pursuit of understanding the divine and the willingness to help every Jew who has a spiritual or material need.
Ahavat Yisrael
lit. "love of Israel," to love a fellow Jew.