What were the dates of the Exodus and splitting of the Sea?

I have a Jewish mother and Catholic father. How can I embrace Judaism?

Library » Jewish Identity » Who/What is a Jew? | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's your question?

luci: I would really appreciate your advice. I am a 34 year old Jewish female from a mixed faith background. My mother was Jewish (brought up Orthodox) but we were not brought up in the jewish faith..

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: go ahead i am listening

luci: i've have not been brought up jewish, my father was cacholic. However i would like to embrace judaism and would like to know how i can go about this. do i need to convert? will i be accepted if i contact a Shul?

luci: what should my first steps be?

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: if your mother was absolutely jewish then there is no need to convert

luci: so what do i need to do...just contact a shul and ask if i can visit?

luci: i know nothing about prayers, hebrew, traditions.. how can i begin to learn about this..

luci: i am worried about feeling out of place and not know what to do in a synagogue

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: i would suggest you make an appointment to see a local Chabad rabbi (www.chabad.org/centers) and tell him your background

luci: and then he will advise me?

luci: it doesn't matter that i've not done my bat Mitzvah?

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: yes he will advise you

Mrs. Rivky Kaplan: even if you didn't have a party you are are perfectly ok...

luci: ok, thank you.

luci: thanks. I will contact a rabi and get some advice. thanks.

Jewish Identity » Conversion

Shul
(Yiddish) Synagogue.