Isn't it cruel to eat meat?

I am not sure to what form of Judaism I belong

Library » Jewish Identity » Who/What is a Jew? | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

Is it better to be an observant Reform Jew or an occasional Conservative one?

Answer:

It is better to be a better Jew!

In other words: a Jew should never restrict him/herself to a human definition or movement.

Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, these are names of movements. But a Jew is not a movement; s/he is a Jew chosen by G-d to represent Him in this world. Every Jew received the whole Torah at Sinai, and every Jew should at every moment try to fulfill as much of that Torah as s/he can.

If today s/he was good, and tomorrow s/he has an opportunity to be better, by all means be better. What will be the next day? S/he will deal with that when it comes.

So a Jew should simply strive to be better, rather than try to fit into a definiton. 

Which Form of Jewish do I belong

Posted by: Manny Blanco, Moreno Valley, CA, 92557 on Dec 23, 2008

In studying with Rabbi XXXXX of Chabad I have learned to realize that there are no such boundaries as Forms or divisions among our people. A Jew is a Jew is a Jew and we ara all one regardless of which Temple we go to or even if we do not attend Temple.

Jewish Identity » Jewish "Labels" » Orthodox
Jewish Identity » Jewish "Labels"