Can a Jew quit Judaism?

How many ressurections are written about in the Tanach?

by Rabbi Simcha Bart

Library » Torah » The Bible » The Prophets | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question

How many ressurections are given in the Bible?

Answer:

Many. 

Elijah resurrected a child in Kings I 17:17-24. His student Elisha did the same Kings II 4:8-37. Then there is the man Elisha caused to rise from the dead after his own death, see Kings II 13:21. Ezekiel resurrected many people in Ezekiel chapter 37 (according to some opinions though this was only a vision - not an actual resurrection).

Torah » The Bible » Five Books of Moses
Torah » The Bible

Elijah
A legendary prophet who lived in the 8th century BCE, and saved the Jewish religion from being corrupted by the pagan worship of Baal. He never died, he was taken to heaven alive. According to Jewish tradition, he visits every circumcision and every Passover Seder table.
Ezekiel
1. Major Jewish prophet who lived in the 5th century BCE. 2. One of the 24 books of the Bible, containing the prophecies which Ezekiel transmitted.