Can I eat tofu (that tastes like meat) with dairy?

I am pursuing conversion to Judaism, but am overwhelmed by all the laws. Help!

by Rabbi Shlomie Chein

Library » Jewish Identity » Conversion | Subscribe | What is RSS?

It is well known that living a Torah life is no easy task. Not for anyone, and not ever. It is a challenging life, every day.

What drives a Jew to live by these standards? 1) The knowledge that this is what G-d wants from him. 2) The awareness of a long history that has already come so far.

In your case you don't have either of those two factors, and thus it is completely logical that it would entirely overwhelming for you, and rightfully so.

I would suggest you examine what G-d wants from you, as a non-Jew. Read the book "The Path of the Righteous Gentile", and see if perhaps that accords the relationship with G-d that you envision.