How do I meditate in a Jewish way?

I'm not part of Judaism; am I in the wrong religion?

Library » Jewish Identity » Conversion | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

Hello. I've always been very interested in Judaism, but lately I'm starting to worry that I'm in the 'wrong' religion. I'm not Jewish, but all over the Bible it says that the Jews are G-d's chosen people. If the Jews are G-d's chosen people then surely the chosen religion is Judaism. I'm worried I'm not serving G-d correctly by not being Jewish. I asked a Rabbi and he said that it doesn't matter that Jews are G-d's chosen people, and that I don't have to convert, just live by the seven laws of Noah. But I'm struggling to understand this - How can G-d love me unless I practice the true religion, Judaism? Thank you very much for your time. --Chris

Answer:

Religion is a man made word.

G-d doesn't have religions, He has missions.

There is no such thing as "one true mission". Different people were created for different missions. A mission is true when it is your mission; it is false when one pursues a mission that is not his.

The Noahide Laws are your mission. They come from G-d and originate in the Torah: the same G-d and same Torah that is the source of Judaism, the Jewish mission.

So the Rabbi is correct, there is no reason for you to convert. If you are looking for truth explore your mission.

Check out www.asknoah.org and read the book "The Path of the Righteous Gentile".

Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » Other Religions - Missionaries
Jewish Identity » Non-Jews » The Role of the Non-Jew

Noah
Tenth generation from Adam. Of all humankind, only he and his family survived the Flood which destroyed all civilization in the year 2106 BCE.