I have valuable china plates. Can they be koshered?

Who was the first Jew to be ritually circumcised?

by

circumcision.net

Library » History » Patriarchs, 12 Tribes | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Circumcision was the first commandment given by G-d to Abraham, the first Jew, and is central to Judaism. Abraham, the father of the Jewish People, had for many years served G-d righteously, yet it was only after he circumcised himself by G-d's command at the age of 99 that he was able to reach the ultimate level of Biblical perfection of "and you shall be perfect".1

• 1. Genesis 17:1.

Life Cycle » Circumcision » The Brit

Abraham
First Jew, and first of our three Patriarchs. Born into a pagan society in Mesepotamia in 1812 BCE, he discovered monethieism on his own. He was told by G-d to journey to the Land of Canaan where he and his wife Sarah would give birth to the Jewish People.