Can I keep money that I found on Shabbat?

When is Lag b'Omer?

Library » Holidays » Lag B'Omer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Lag b'Omer is on the 18th day of the Hebrew month of Iyar.

For the year 2013, Lag b'Omer starts at nightfall, Saturday, April 27th, and ends at sunset, Sunday, April 28th.  [Click here for the exact times of nightfall for any location.] During this time the Omer restrictions are lifted. Some people however still do not take a haircut (except boys who have reached their third birthday), etc.

Lag b'Omer celebrates the cessation of the plague that killed Rabbi Akiva's students as well as the day of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai's passing. Click here to read more about "What is Lag b'Omer?", and "How is Lag b'Omer celebrated?" .

The following is the beginning date for Lag b'Omer next year:

2014 -- nightfall, May 18

Miscellaneous » The Jewish Calendar

The second month on the Jewish calendar, normally corresponding to April-May. The 18th of this month is the holiday of Lag b'Omer.
Lag b'Omer
The 33rd day of the counting of the Omer (the 18th of Iyar). Semi-holiday marking the conclusion of a plague which killed thousands of Rabbi Akiva's disciples. Also the day when Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, Talmudic sage and author of the Zohar, passed away.