I have suffered so much. How can I still believe in G-d?

What did Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai do in the cave for 13 years and how did he survive?

by Rabbi Yossi Marcus

Library » Holidays » Lag B'Omer | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Miraculously, a stream of water and carob tree appeared from which they sustained themselves. They lived a completely spiritual lifestyle, spending every waking moment in study. It is believed that he wrote the Zohar, the primary work of Kabbalah, during that time as well.

Source: Talmud, Shabbat 33b

Zohar
The most basic work of Jewish mysticism. Authored by Rabbi Shimeon bar Yochai in the 2nd century.
Kabbalah
Jewish mysticism. The word Kaballah means "reception," for we cannot physically perceive the Divine, we merely study the mystical truths which were transmitted to us by G-d Himself through His righteous servants.