Why do we put on the Tallit before the Tefillin?

Can I prepare my Passover food if there's still chametz in the house?

Library » Holidays » Passover » Chametz | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Adir: what do you have to do to prepare Passover foods before passover starts

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: what do you mean?

Adir: my wife and I would like to make chicken soup for passover. we will be using passover products and passover pots spoons etc I would like to do this one week prior to the holiday starts. what has to be done

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: is your kitchen -- your stove and countertops -- Kosher for passover?

Adir: yes

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: as long as everything involved in the process is kosher for passover it is perfectly ok - just make sure it doesn't come in contact with non kosher for passover stuff

Adir: so even though i did not sell my Chametz yet I can prepare foods and put in the freezer

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: is your freezer lined (with aluminum foil etc)?

Adir: yes

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: then sure

Adir: thanks

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: pleasure

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: will that be all for today?

Adir: yes

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: good night

Holidays » Passover » Seder » About

Chametz
Any leavened product which is produced from wheat, barley, rye, spelt or oats. This includes bread, cake, cereals, crackers, biscuits, yeast, pasta and whisky. It is forbidden for a Jew to possess or consume Chametz throughout Passover.
Passover
A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.