What is the Hallel?

Where can I find pertinent Passover times?

Library » Holidays » Passover » Chametz | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Go to http://www.chabad.org/calendar/location.asp?AID=143790&hdate=1/14, type in your location and enter the date you are searching for.

The most important times to bear in mind are:

• Time to search for Chametz.
  • Time to burn the chametz.
  • Time when one must be rid of all chametz.
  • Holiday candlelighting times.
  • Time when Seder may start.
  • Latest time when Afikoman may be eaten.
  • End of holiday times.

Wishing y'all a timely Redemption!

Holidays » Passover » About
Holidays » Passover » Seder » About

Chametz
Any leavened product which is produced from wheat, barley, rye, spelt or oats. This includes bread, cake, cereals, crackers, biscuits, yeast, pasta and whisky. It is forbidden for a Jew to possess or consume Chametz throughout Passover.
Seder
Festive meal eaten on the first two nights of the holiday of Passover (In Israel, the Seder is observed only the first night of the holiday). Seder highlights include: reading the story of the Exodus, eating Matzah and bitter herbs, and drinking four cups of wine.
Afikoman
The larger portion of the broken middle matzah on the seder plate. The afikoman is eaten towards the end of the seder. In many families, it is traditionally "stolen" by the children and "ransomed" by the parents with the promise of a gift.