What is the Tanya?

Can I save Kosher for Passover items for next year's Passover?

Library » Holidays » Passover » Chametz | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: Bienvenidos Welcome. Un minuto ya lo atiendo. I'll be with you in a moment...

MLK: I was told I can_t keep sealed Kosher l'Pesach items until next Pesach. Is that true?

Rabbi Yossi Turk: hi

Rabbi Yossi Turk: wrong...

Rabbi Yossi Turk: i used this year Matzot from last year in perfect condition1

MLK: thank you , thank you. hope you had a lovely holiday!

Rabbi Yossi Turk: yep

• 1. Year old (or even older) kosher for Passover items may be used as long as they have not come into contact with any chametz during the time elapsed.

Matzot
(Pl.: Matzot) Unleavened bread which is eaten on Passover, especially at the Passover Seder (feast), commemorating the Matzah which the Jews ate upon leaving Egypt. It consists of only flour and water and resembles a wheat cracker.
Pesach
Passover. A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.