Is there any explanation in Torah or Kabbalah about deja vu?

Do I need to do the Search for Chametz if I won't be home for Passover?

Library » Holidays » Passover » Chametz | Subscribe | What is RSS?

If you will be gone for the entire Passover and are selling all the Chametz in your home to a non-Jew, you do not need to do the ceremonial Search for Chametz in your home.

However, in order not to forfeit an opportunity to do a Mitzvah you should do the search wherever you will be staying. If you are in a hotel, make sure to bring some Chametz into your room before Pesach, this way you can do the search in your hotel room.

If you are a guest in someone's home for Pesach, you can hear the blessing from your host, and assist him with his search. Alternatively you can officially rent your room from your host for a nominal fee (a dollar etc) and make your own blessing and search therein. This "rental transaction" must be done before sunset of the night before Pesach; for if the sun sets and the room is still in the possession of the owner of the house, the obligation to do the search belongs to the owner, and this obligation cannot be transferred.

[Ed. note: Askmoses.com offers general Jewish information; we do not substitute the place of a Rov. For more info on this topic see page 3 here, and/or consult your local Halachic Authority].

Chametz
Any leavened product which is produced from wheat, barley, rye, spelt or oats. This includes bread, cake, cereals, crackers, biscuits, yeast, pasta and whisky. It is forbidden for a Jew to possess or consume Chametz throughout Passover.
Passover
A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.
Halachic
Pertaining to Jewish Law.
Pesach
Passover. A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.