Is there a problem with portrait painting or human statues?

Do I need to have an OU-P on spices, or is an OU good enough for Passover?

Library » Holidays » Passover » Chametz | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Gurkow: Welcome to the Rabbi's one on one chat room, how can I help you today?

Spicy: Do I need to have an OU-P on spices, or is an OU good enough for Passover?

Rabbi Gurkow: No, an OU-P is certainly required.

Spicy: How about salt and pepper?

Rabbi Gurkow: Same.

Spicy: Kosher Salt ok?

Rabbi Gurkow: Most salt is kosher for Passover year round, but it, too, needs kosher certification.

Spicy: Fresh spices are probably OK, right?

Rabbi Gurkow: If they are packaged they need Kosher for Passover certification. If they are not packaged, you will not even know if they are kosher. Unfortunately, there are just too many ways for pieces of grain to get mixed up with the fine particles of spices and cannot be recognized. You need a kosher for Passover supervision.

Spicy: OK, thanks a lot.

Rabbi Gurkow: You’re welcome.

TAGS: spices

Passover
A Biblically mandated early-spring festival celebrating the Jewish exodus from Egypt in the year 1312 BCE.