What is the meaning of Free Choice?

What may I bring my host on Shabbat?

Library » Shabbat | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi E: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment..., but you should know, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

guest: What should I bring to Shabbat meal if I am arriving after shabbat starts and only for the meal?

Rabbi E: hi and welcome

Rabbi E: in that case u should only bring a smile (since we may not carry in a public domain on Shabbat)

Rabbi E: of course u can always send something ahead and have it delivered earlier

guest: ok.

guest: thank you

Rabbi E: y/w

[Ed. note: Read about "What's the deal with carrying on Shabbat?" and also "What can I do for my wonderful Shabbat hosts?"]

Shabbat » Shabbat Meals
Shabbat » Forbidden Activities