Who was the first Jew to be ritually circumcised?

What should I do if I don't have spices for Havdalah?

by Rabbi Shalom Hazan

Library » Shabbat » Havdallah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

You make Havdalah without spices, obviously omitting the blessing on the spices.

If you can acquire spices afterwards, you can recite the blessing later that night. However, you are not required to exert effort to acquire the spices.

Havdala incense

Posted by: Anonymous, LA, CA on Feb 21, 2005

There is no need to specifically have incense. A spice will do, or any natural strong scented item. Actually the bracha (blessing) said over the spices may only be said on natural items-- many incense sticks have artificial scents. This would be a bracha l'vatala (a blessing without reason)..... not a good thing.
Havdalah
Prayer signifying the end of the Sabbath or Jewish holiday. This "separation" prayer is recited after nightfall over a cup of wine.