What is the significance of BSD written on the top of documents?

Can I take a haircut during Chol Hamoed?

Library » Holidays » Sukkot » Chol Hamoed | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Isser Weisberg: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

Jayson: Can I take a haircut during Chol Hamoed?

Rabbi Isser Weisberg: No.

Jayson: Okay, I didn't realize this, and I just found out about it. Is there some sort of loop hole?

Rabbi Isser Weisberg: I don't think so...1

Jayson: Okay, thank you very much.

• 1. Ed. note: Exceptions are made for someone who couldn't take a hair cut before the holiday because he was mourning the loss of a family member.

Holidays » Passover » Chol Hamoed

Chol Hamoed
(lit. "mundane [days] of the festival"), the intermediate days of the Festivals of Passover and Sukkot. On these days many of the holiday work restrictions are lifted.