Why don't women get called up to the Torah in Orthodox synagogues?

If I violated Shabbat, do I keep on observing the rest of the day?

Library » Shabbat » Forbidden Activities | Subscribe | What is RSS?

David: on Shabbat if I for example broke it on Fri night by purchasing after sunset. Should I continue following Shabbat rules the rest of shabbat? or if I break the start of shabbat does that mean the rest of the day is broken so there is no point observing t

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: Breaking Shabbat is not like breaking a glass jar, where once you broke it it is broken. Shabbat is like life itself - if you messed up once, you move on and continue living the rest of it.

David: Oh great I was not sure what to do when I do break it. I heard once that shabbat is like a train if u miss it then u miss it, but I guess that's not the case. thanks for that

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: my pleasure

David: one last question if you don't mind, I'm about to be a father and was wondering on SHabbat can I "carry"

David: my child and walk to Shul

Rabbi Shlomo Chein : no

David: humm I wonder what is to be done then, so my wife will have to stay with the baby at home in this case

David: in other words we reeally cant go out with the baby on shabbat

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: that is correct, unless you live in a community with an Eruv

David: That sounds right, thanks

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: sure

Shabbat » A Day of Rest

Shul
(Yiddish) Synagogue.
Eruv
Eruv has multiple meanings. Most commonly the word is a reference to an enclosure which allows carrying on Shabbat in an area which would otherwise be considered a public domain.