How do you know the Torah is really the word of G-d?

Am I allowed to give a gift on Shabbat?

Library » Shabbat » Forbidden Activities | Subscribe | What is RSS?

It is only permitted to give or receive a gift on Shabbat or Yom Tov if the gift is for that day. For example, if you are invited to eat a shabbat meal at someone's house it is permitted to bring along a bottle of wine for the meal. (One may only carry within an area surrounded by an 'Eruv' [click here to read "What is an eruv?"]. If you are not within an eruv, your gift should be brought over before Shabbat, and may be later presented once Shabbat commences, if you so wish.) 

It is only permitted to give or receive a gift on Shabbat or Yom Tov if the gift is for that day
TAGS: gift, present

Am I allowed to give a gift on Shabbat?

Posted by: Maxime Denoun, Montreal, QC, Canada on Mar 18, 2005

I do not anderstand how am I allowed to bring a bottle of wine if i am invited for a shabbat meal since it is forbiden to bring anything on shabbat even my own keys?

Good point. This example is referring to an area where there is an Eruv (see What is an Eruv?), or if the guest arrives before Shabbat but wishes to actually present the gift after Shabbat enters. 
Yom Tov
Jewish Holiday.
Eruv
Eruv has multiple meanings. Most commonly the word is a reference to an enclosure which allows carrying on Shabbat in an area which would otherwise be considered a public domain.