Can DNA prove Jewish-ness?

How do I go about making a "Shabbat belt"?

Library » Shabbat » Forbidden Activities | Subscribe | What is RSS?

You take an elastic which will be long enough to go all the way around your waist, and tie the end to two snaps or hooks.

Attach one snap to one hole in the top of the key and the other snap to another hole on the other side of the top of the key (you might have to ask your the person in the key department of your hardware store to make this second hole).

The point of attaching the key to the belt in a speciific way, is so that the belt becomes dependant on the key to remain in place, thereby eliminating the possibility of "carrying" on Shabbat
The point of attaching the key to the belt in this way, is that the belt becomes dependant on the key to remain in place, thereby eliminating the possibility of "carrying" on Shabbat.

Shabbos belt

Posted by: Anonymous on Apr 19, 2005

a shabbos belt can be made by making two slip knots around the key?

Yes, that too would work.

The advantage of using hooks is purely technical; it makes it easier to change the key for a different one.