What is the justification for Lot’s wife turning into a pillar of salt?

Can two people be named after the same person?

Library » Life Cycle » Birth » Jewish names | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Maurine: My cousin is named after my grandfather, is it okay to name my child - i'm due in three weeks - after the same man?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: sure

Maurine: I ask because I have a relative who thinks this might not be a good idea.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: I have many nephews named after my grandfather

Maurine: But they have different names also?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: A number of my brothers have a child named after my grandfather, all with the exact same ame

Maurine: ok -- that's good to know!

Maurine: Thank you very much for your help, Rabbi!

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: my pleasure and may it all be in a good and easy hour

Life Cycle » Circumcision » Jewish names