Why are mezuzahs not attched to bathroom doorways?

What do Jewish people say during the ring exchange at a wedding?

Library » Intimacy » Marriage | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Shaffer: Welcome......how can I help you?:)

blackstream: what do jewish people say during the ring exchange at a wedding?

Mrs. Shaffer: there isn't a ring 'exchange'...this is very much a misconception of the origin of ceremony....

blackstream: oh?

Mrs. Shaffer: it is the groom who places the ring upon the finger of his beloved bride..and says: "behold, you are consecrated to me with this ring according to the laws of Moses and Israel"

blackstream: I see

blackstream: thank you for the help

Mrs. Shaffer: in other words....from this moment on, she is not available to any othe rman, she is sanctified - sort of 'set aside' for him alone....for their marriage relationship alone

Mrs. Shaffer: you're welcome :)

Mrs. Shaffer: there's much, much more to the whole ceremony....:)

blackstream: sounds good

blackstream: honestly I am not jewish at all but am researching out of interest and was curious

blackstream: have a nice afternoon

Life Cycle » Marriage » The Wedding