Why isn't the miracle of Shabbat Hagadol celebrated on the 10th of Nissan?

Can a brit take place on Yom Kippur?

Library » Mitzvot » Circumcision | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Shaffer: Welcome......how can I help you?:)

Vallerie: can a Brit take place on Yom Kippur?

Vallerie: I have read where a brit can take place on Shabbat, but what about High Holy Days?

Mrs. Shaffer: yes, the circumcision can take place -- on Yom Kippur or any other jewish holiday -- if it is the 8th day

Vallerie: thanks and shalom

Mrs. Shaffer: but there is no celebratory meal until after the fast, of course

Vallerie: thanks

[Ed. note: There are certain exceptions to this rule, for example, if the baby was delivered via caesarean section. Consult your rabbi before scheduling a Shabbat or holiday brit.] 

Holidays » General Information » Holiday Information
Life Cycle » Circumcision » The Brit

Yom Kippur
Day of Atonement. This late-autumn high-holiday is the holiest day of the year. We devote this day to repentance and all healthy adults are required to fast.
Brit
[Lit. Covenant] Circumcision. The act of removing ones foreskin 8 days after birth, perpetuating a covenant with G-d originally established by the Patriarch Abraham.