Do I need to have an OU-P on spices, or is an OU good enough for Passover?

What's the proper way to cut nails?

Library » Miscellaneous | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

:-): What is the proper order in which I should cut my nails?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: ok, lets give each finger a number

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: the left pinky being one, and the right being ten

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: so it would go 2 4 1 3 5

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: then 7 9 6 8 10

:-): can u make it a bit easier and call the thumb "one" on each hand?

:-): actually, this is simple the way you put it

:-): nevermind

:-): What is the significance of the specific order in which we are supposed to clip our nails?

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: one sec

:-): ok

Mrs. Tzivie Greenberg: the reason is unknown, but according to rabbinic sorces, cutting nails in their natural order is a bad omen

:-): Ok. Thank you for teaching me the technique and for checking. have a good day. :-)