What and when is the Fast of the Firstborn?

I pray daily for Moshiach, but I feel like we're not making any progress?

Library » Philosophy » Messiah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Rabbi Shlomo: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...what's on your mind?

Choco80: will the messiah ever come?

Rabbi Shlomo: indeed he will

Choco80: how do we know?

Rabbi Shlomo: The Torah promises us

Choco80: i just feel at a loss sometimes because everyday we pray in the Amidah that moashiach will come and i feel like we're not making any progress

Rabbi Shlomo: that is because we can't see it

Choco80: so you're saying it's already here?

Choco80: it's a person who bring all of am Yisrael together and i don't really see that

Rabbi Shlomo: because it didn't happen yet - but it is in the process

Choco80: but didn't we say that many years ago?

Choco80: it's in the process.... but we're still sinning... what makes u think it's in the process/

Rabbi Shlomo: some times a process takes longer than we like - but that doesn't mean we are not in the process

Choco80: i understand that but how do we know we're in the process?

Rabbi Shlomo: it is like a little kid who asks "are we there yet" on a long trip, and his parents say "we are getting closer", then he asks again five minutes later, and they say the same thing, and again and again and again the same thing happens - after an hour the little kid might say "we will never get ther"

Rabbi Shlomo: well, in his limited mind, and is limited perception he can't understand that they are indeed getting closer

Rabbi Shlomo: we are like the little kid - we can't see the larger picture, we don't feel that we are moving - but the Torah tells us that we are, and the Tzadikim have told us that we are almost there

Choco80: don't we need evidence of this? just liek the kid

Rabbi Shlomo: read above

Choco80: also is geula aututomatically intertwined with the Moshiach?

Rabbi Shlomo: yes

Choco80: so what's our mission in life as jews to bring it closer? what's our ultimate purpose?

Rabbi Shlomo: to bring Moshiach through the fulfillment of Torah and Mitzvot

Choco80: it's just hard for me because all our ancestors have been doing this since the destruction of the Temple

Rabbi Shlomo: because it takes a long time to accomplish

Rabbi Shlomo: it is like the little kid who is in the car and says "I can't believe we are not there yet; we are already driving for 15 minutes!"

Choco80: thank u very much rabbi

Choco80: i appreciate it

Rabbi Shlomo: my pleasure

Choco80: alright i have to go have a good night

Rabbi Shlomo: you too

Israel » Messiah

Moshiach
The Messiah. Moshiach is the person who will usher in an era of peace and tranquility for all of humanity when there will be no jealousy or hate, wars or famine. This is a fundamental Jewish belief.
Mitzvot
Plural form of Mitzvah. Commandments of G-d. Mitzvah also means a connection, for a Jew connects with G–d through fulfilling His commandments.
Amidah
Highlight of every prayer, recited silently while standing. Weekday Amidah consists of nineteen blessings, Sabbath and holiday Amidah contains seven blessings.
Yisrael
1. Additional name given by G-d to Patriarch Jacob. 2. A Jew who is not a Kohain or Levi (descendant of the Tribe of Levi).
Tzadikim
Plural form of Tzadik. A Tzadik is a saint, or righteous person.