Why is Hebrew read from right to left?

If a saucepan is non-Kosher, can it be made Kosher by dipping it in a Mikvah?

by Rabbi Zalman Abraham

Library » Mitzvot » Kosher » Kosher Utensils | Subscribe | What is RSS?

The Mikvah does not make anything Kosher; the Mikvah only adds a level of spiritual purity as required by the Torah1 for certain utensils acquired from a gentile. See Why do we immerse food-utensils in a Mikvah?

Usually, a saucepan is not Kosher because it absorbed a non-Kosher (see What is Kosher?) substance which immersion in the Mikvah does not remove.

Consult a competent authority in Jewish law for guidance and detailed instructions as to how to make you saucepan Kosher. For a basic understanding of the laws involved in making your saucepan kosher see What are the basic rules regarding koshering non-Kosher food utensils? & How do I kosher flatware or pots?

• 1. Numbers 31:21-23.

Mikvah
A ritual bath where one immerses to become spiritually pure. After her menstrual cycle, a woman must immerse in the Mikvah before resuming marital relations.