At what age should a girl start lighting Shabbat candles?

Why do some Jews not watch movies/tv?

Library » Women & Judaism » Modesty | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Nathan: I was wondering...why do some Jews avoid watch movies/tv?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: because of the content in these movies that are: a) immodest b) violent c) immoral d) against Torah values

Nathan: oh

Nathan: is a tv allowed to be used for G rated films?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: G rated films also include the things I spoke of earlier, ableit to a lesser extent

Nathan: so how can an Orthodox household ensure that their child will know what's going on in the world

An adule can listen to the radio or read the paper and share the appropriate info with their children
Nathan: sorry if the question is naive, but i come from a non-religious family, and i'm confused on how to raise an Orthodox family

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: An adult can listen to the radio or read the paper and share the appropriate info with their children.

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: I know this may be hard to believe, but we don't necessarily have to know about every last thing the news reporst about

Nathan: that's true

Nathan: is it worse for a male to watch tv than for a female?

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: only with regard to the issue of modesty, or lack thereof

Nathan: ok

Nathan: thanks for all the help,

Nathan: i hope i can do it right

Nathan: b'shalom, bye

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: if there is a will there is a way

Rabbi Shlomo Chein: by the way, more and more secular people are catching on to this great Jewish idea and don't allow this stuff into their house

Mitzvot » Education
Torah » Education
Daily Life » Clothing » Modesty