What exactly is prohibited during the Omer mourning period?

What is the Punishment for premarital sex?

Library » Intimacy » Sexual Issues | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Question:

What is the punishment for having sex before marriage? Thomas

Answer:

If you are referring to the Divine punishment, I can’t speak for the Divine, and only G-d can make that call.

But if you are asking me, a mere human being, for a human perspective here’s a thought:

An often overlooked punishment is the self inflicted damage to our sensitivity and the true value of intimacy. When we use sex as a "pleasure on demand" we inevitably diminish its value before it can reach its full potential in the long lasting union of marriage.

[Ed. note: Also read about premarital sex in 'Is a Diamond a Stone?']

Life Cycle » Marriage
Intimacy
Intimacy » Marriage