When is Purim in a leap year?

Why did G-d give Moses a speech impediment?

by Mrs. Chana Weisberg

Library » History » Egypt | Subscribe | What is RSS?

G-d wanted the Jewish People to follow Moses because of the truth of his message, and not due to his oratory skills. This teaches us a powerful lesson. One would think that Moses was a thundering orator and a captivating motivational speaker. Hardly—he spoke with a profound stutter. Yet he was Moses.

Unlike today, when the message is confused with the messenger, through Moses’ defect, G-d taught us for all time to separate the two.

[Ed. note: Also read "What caused Moses' speech impediment?"]

TAGS: moses

Source???

Posted by: Hymie on Aug 19, 2005

ive never heard of moshe having a speech impediment or lisp. where is there evidence of this??

Moses said to the Lord, "I beseech You, O Lord. I am not a man of words, neither from yesterday nor from the day before yesterday, nor from the time You have spoken to Your servant, for I am heavy of mouth and heavy of tongue" -- Exodus 4:10.