Can a wedding celebrating the second marriage of both spouses be scheduled for the Omer?

What is the literal meaning of “Yad Vashem”?

by Rabbi Moshe Miller

Library » History » Holocaust | Subscribe | What is RSS?

These words are taken from the words of Isaiah:1 “For so says the Lord to the eunuchs who will keep My Sabbaths and will choose what I desire and hold fast to My covenant, ‘I will give them in My house and in My walls a “Yad vaShem” (place and a name), better than sons and daughters; an everlasting name I will give him, which will not be discontinued.’”

"I will give them in My house and in My walls a “Yad vaShem” (place and a name), better than sons and daughters..."
Yad = a place; Shem = a name. "A place and a name," for those who were not given the dignity of a Jewish burial, or any burial at all in millions of cases.

• 1. 56:4-5.

Philosophy » Pain and Suffering » Holocaust

Isaiah
1. One of the greatest prophets, lived in the 7th century BCE. 2. One of the 24 books of the Bible, containing the prophecies of Isaiah. The book is filled with prophecies concerning the Messianic redemption.