I am wondering which came first, Purim or Chanukah?

What sort of leader will Moshiach be?

by Rabbi Dovid Dubov

Library » Israel » Messiah | Subscribe | What is RSS?

Moshiach will be a man who possesses extraordinary qualities. He will be proficient in both the written and oral Torah traditions. He will incessantly campaign for Torah observance among Jews and observance of the Seven Universal Noahide Laws by non-Jews. He will be scrupulously observant and encourage the highest standards from others. He will defend religious principles and repair breaches in their observance. Above all, Moshiach will be heralded as a true Jewish King, a person who leads the way in the service of G–d, totally humble yet enormously inspiring.

This “end of time” remains a mystery, yet the Talmud states that it will be before the Hebrew year 6000

Philosophy » Messiah

Moshiach
The Messiah. Moshiach is the person who will usher in an era of peace and tranquility for all of humanity when there will be no jealousy or hate, wars or famine. This is a fundamental Jewish belief.